Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ...here I go again...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Running the Bridgestone 125/600 front 165/630 rear both soft compound. It was very hot and tires worked flawlessly despite approaching the upper limit of track temp. Turning was stable and stick was great. Wear was hardly noticeable. I had been running dot Michelins and they sucked, 160 tire on 5.5" rim, not good.

...battling for points... vince24x's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wardlaw View Post
    So what is the verdict Vince?

Just had a surprise at the track this weekend while picking up the UK Dunlops I had ordered.
    What is the surprise you may ask...?
    Well, Dunlop will no longer be importing the UK slicks I have so enjoyed. (Insert sad trombone sound here)

So I ran on my shiney new US built slicks. The rear seemed nice, the front tucked 2nd last lap on a left corner. Somehow my knee saved me and just went off but saved it. As I was looking to re-enter, what was 3rd and 4th passed me. ( trombone..?)

I was just looking at the specs and noticed my front is now a medium compound, I have only ever run soft. I thought I was buying a soft.

So now I am after a soft front and am looking for all the knowledgeable TZ folks to chime in on what they have tried and like, size included.

Thanks!
    Jeff
    well, it took me almost 3 yrs, but i finally DID test that V01. it was great. felt as good as the R09 that i've been fond of. truthfully, i just dropped it on and it worked: no setup changes; no difference in feel; no sensation of difference during braking, turn-in or mid-corner. just hope it's still on their menu, given the time elapsed!

vince
    CVMA, WERA, WSMC Ex #224
    http://www.mobiusracing.com

...i smell a trophy... erock768's Avatar

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

I've been using the 120 V01 front slick the last 2 seasons. Feels just like R09. Doesn't come in YDC/YCX, just comes in a "soft". Bstone guys says its the same as the YCX. I tried the 125 and never got on with it. I didn't have the "feel" of the other profile and I couldn't get the bike to turn with out significantly putting it on its nose, even then the turn in and feel was not that good, especially not once it was on its side. Once I got back on the 120 it was like a revelation. Bike handled again. Just my .02
    Eric Moore Racing LLC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123