Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Ok i`ve fired the bike up and the powervalves are functioning as they should at the lower rpm range. Jeff i`ll take your advice and check the Power Jet Soleniods. Think its trip to the dyno next to check everythings ok before my next on track test.

I have a similar question in regard to a 1999 TZ250L. When I turn the run switch to on, the servomotor turns counter clockwise to fully close the power valves. It then reverses direction, but only goes slightly in the clockwise direction (not to the fully open position). Then it reverses direction again, fully closing the power valves (so that they partially block exhaust flow as they should at lower RPMs). I have checked the servomotor with a battery, and it is capable of fully opening and closing when power is supplied from a battery directly through the YPVS cable to the servomotor. I have also checked to see if there is any resistance to operation of the power valves, and there is not. The service manual (on page 3-11) says "After the main switch is moved to run, the servomotor will be operated as follows: 1. The servomotor will be fully closed about 1 second. 2. And then, it will be kept fully opened. Is this incorrect?

I'd appreciate your help if you know the answer.

OK, I got mine to do exactly what the manual says it should do by loosening the cables. I guess they were too tight and somehow binding the motor up. Everything seems to be good now. After flipping the run switch to on, the servomotor rotates counterclockwise, to the fully closed position; then it rotates clockwise, to the fully opened position, and stays there.

...them shiny thangs sure are purty... StinkWheels's Avatar
    That's correct Doc.

they should start open cycle closed and open and stay that way, and as you found the setting up of the cable slack for both open and closed positions is necessary.
    I always check with a battery hooked up on my 3YL, in place of the condenser. To check the closed cable free play disconnect the battery once it cycles to the closed position before it opens again.

Sammo

it sounded from your description that yours were cycling back to front.....??
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

http://www.postclassicracing.com.au
    http://www.neil.nu/cgi-bin/tzrforum/ikonboard.cgi

...they call me the rocket man... ndwedwe's Avatar

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

yes, i am sure there is a wiring difference between TZR and TZ servo's. i cant say for sure what it is and which models but the 3XV i bought a TZ servo for to move my motor up top i ended up just swopping the cover and spool over to avoid wiring
    1993 TZ250
    1999 TZ250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12