Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...on the gas...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

As you may well know '93-'94 4DP bikes had neither the air ducting nor the fuel pump. As I understand the fuel pump on the 4TW bikes it was only necessary to supplement the gravity fuel feel during the top speed enhanced air flow from the ducts. The ram air increment is very small and only effective at high speeds. Consider doing away with the attempted, and apparently incomplete, updating and work on your riding until a 4TW creeps past you on your longest straight.
    But then I'm prejudiced as we continue to campaign our '92 4DP. Our various riders have outridden many a 4TW and even some 5KE's.
    Mike Bootes- owner
    Greg Glevicky; AHRMA# r73/ 1e- rider
    '92 4DP01-000445 since '99
    '93 4DP-002189 since June '17

Quote Originally Posted by Neiltziom View Post
    Take some pictures of your airbox set up as there were a few aftermarket types available from spot FRP that didnt need a fuel pump.
    Thanks mate , i'll grab some piccy's when I get back from work just before chrissy .
    I think its a raceglass kit , it doesn't fit real well so im gunna bin it and start again .
    Do you have a link to spot FRP or the like .
    cheers

...they call me the rocket man... ndwedwe's Avatar
    the early 4DPs are so simple
    i bought airboxes, whipped the tank and fairing off to fit them and it didnt take me long to consider the mess i would be getting myself into. they sold pretty quick on ebay.
    maintenance is so easy in std trim, you are doing the right thing
    1993 TZ250
    1999 TZ250

Quote Originally Posted by ndwedwe View Post
    the early 4DPs are so simple
    i bought airboxes, whipped the tank and fairing off to fit them and it didnt take me long to consider the mess i would be getting myself into. they sold pretty quick on ebay.
    maintenance is so easy in std trim, you are doing the right thing
    I'd love to change it back to standard but don't have the standard intake shrouds , I'm still a bit green with these bikes and am slowly trying to get my head around what fairings airboxes , ductings will fit.

...here I go again...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

The single most important thing about the 4DP carb shrouds is the lower/forward cylinder will suck every piece of shrapnel it can, it must be in place or else. I've installed mesh screen in the lower fairing and dabbed grease on it and the shroud to catch the pebbles and such that are thrown forward off the back tire and it amounts to quite a bit in a very short time. Clean Fresh Air , duct the forward cylinder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12