...New Member...

A happy reunion in NZ

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Hi people,
    I thought I'd join in the fun and tell you my story. Back in 93 I bought and imported a TZ250B from Malaysia to NZ. This bike had run as a wildcard in the Malaysian GP at Shah Alam with the late Kit Veng Tong as the rider in Petronas colours (number 48). I don't think he finished the race, not sure why. Apart from 92 4DP ignition, cylinders and heads it was stock. I ran it here in NZ for 2 years in our Formula 2 National Championships. I won the title in the 2nd year. Sold the bike in 95. Twenty years pass by and I bump into the 3rd owner since me who has had the bike for at least 15 years and only ridden it 2 or 3 times. After a couple of conversations texts and emails I now own it again. The 4DP parts are no longer with it so it is a completely standard 3YL again. After a good going over, a new radiator and a new set of fairings we'll be back on the track once (or twice) more. Can't wait.
    Regards
    Dave

...i smell a trophy...
    Great story, Dave! Hopefully you'll run it more than last owner!
    1997 TZ250, North Central Region WERA Expert # 246

...New Member...
    Hi Dave, what class are you going to ride the bike in? From what I can see its limited to Clubmans mostly at the moment although the VMCC series has a class to ride in. Seems to be plenty of guys who have got TZ's or RS's in NZ. I have a 4dp that I am hoping to ride soon, but will prob be at a track day rather than in a race meeting. I am hoping that the classics will up the age limit soon to allow post 89 bikes to run. What do you know?
    Chris

...New Member...
    Hi Chris, The NZPCRA are introducing pre 95ish soon I believe. Not sure when, maybe next year. I'll probably give it a fews runs at track days also until that happens. Where are you based?
    Dave

...New Member...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Hi Dave,

Good news re. Classics. Might follow up with them and see what the plan is. I am based in Auckland.

Chris