Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ...Member...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Steve, thank you for your reply and offer I was most upset as I asked for a good set of pipes. Which I'm afraid this one is not.. Even the repair is bad with a dent in it. the welding is really bad. I didn't want them for a restore but to match both sides. if I wanted a set of dented and welded pipes I could have modified the one I had which would look better than this. I appreciate what you have said but I'm sure anyone on this forum would agree that not disclosing this kind of damage would also infuriate them after being told they only had light surface rust. Especially when you had the opportunity to take a photo of the damage and send it to me with the others you sent me. Would you not want the same. As it stands I'm going to use the old pipe to make a decent working one. No idea what to do with this one..... no racer I know would strap this on..... but thank you for your reply. I guess I have high standards.

...laterally accelerating to a track near you...
    Out of interest , how much were the pipes, same price as it would cost to get a set made or a price that reflected they were lying around for 20 years and used? I only ask as i have bought loads of used pipes and either been really surprised how good they are for what i paid or really pissed off initially and then reflect that they are probably worth what i paid taking into account that you cant buy them new anymore. Not trying to defend anyone but that dent and patch can be sorted out by a good fabricator. if you paid top money and were sold a set described as mint then its a different story.

...i smell a trophy...
    The AUD$700 (GBP340) price for both including the silencers reflected the age and condition of the pipes and certainly not top money for a "mint condition" set of pipes. To have a set made would be approx AUD$700-800 per pipe (I checked with a fabricator who makes them and he quoted a full day on each pipe and needed the bike to fit) or if I used say, an example of NX5 aftermarket Tyga pipes.....a whole lot more!

I fully agree that if you were a bit 'fussy' and wanted an almost indistinguishable patch, any good fabricator could hide it from view but hey, this is what running 25+ year old bikes is all about. 1 person sees a set of working exhausts that fit and are ready for use whereas another sees a set of 26 year old pipes with surface rust, minor dents and in need of some cosmetic fabrication to make them like new.......Horses for courses! I'll have no further input from now.
    Steve

...Member...
    would have paid 700AUD with silencers everyday of the week.......................they is what they is!

Pipeturkey

...Member...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

291677373247 eBay a good set for £350. Rmd also has 1 new pipe for the Nf5 for £200. So on par with a set for 340. And Tyga have quoted allot less in us dollers to make them but they need an order of 5 sets. They have just finished there RS250. But like Steve no more on this I'll wait for Steve to follow up on his offer and call it a day. EDIT 16/02/2016 Still no follow up on Steve's offer, And I doubt he will, just a statement to make him look like a top bloke...
    Last edited by rc46; 02-16-2016 at 04:47 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast