Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ...here I go again...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Quote Originally Posted by DonTZ125 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation - glad to hear I'm doing it the right way!

I'm looking at an open-source logger for a variety of projects; I need to do some testing and confirm it will work with the processor card and tuning software I'm using. It's SD card based, and can handle up to 4GB cards. I believe the latest release actually goes to 64GB.

That might come later, with an upgraded (= more $$) system. Right now I'm trying to get my foot in the door, and fighting Ignitech and Zeeltronic both for name recognition and price.

Now THAT I can do, and it has been added to the list of features. Thank you for the suggestion!
    Just a piggyback logger that can have GPS, f/r suspension TPS rpm and EGT inputs (and or det 0-5v)would be a winner

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Quote Originally Posted by EEKNOWS View Post
    Just a piggyback logger that can have GPS, f/r suspension TPS rpm and EGT inputs (and or det 0-5v)would be a winner
    The piggy-back logger would be fairly cheap ($30-40), but would only be able to log those values that the ignition uses (RPM, TPS, spark advance, retard vs knock, etc), and I'm out of ADCs for things like suspension & EGT. I might offer a 'smart' logger with its own set of 8 ADCs, but the price adder would be on the order of $125-150.

I've started work on the programmable ignition based on the feature list in the first post, as modified by various suggestions. Based on a few other suggestions, I've made up a list of additional features for an upgraded version:

Traction control (on/off, external adjust)
    Electric coolant pump control
    Variable Launch (external adjust)

Per-cylinder:
    Spark advance
    Spark energy
    Knock retard
    Power-Jet control
    EGT warning & protection
    Water Injection

Gear-based:
    Quick shift cut time
    Shift light timing
    Power-Jet control

On-board logging (in addition to all ignition I/O and process variables):
    System Voltage
    F Brake Pressure
    R Brake Pressure
    Fork travel
    Swingarm travel
    GPS
    and lots more

Eyeballing the pricing, the Mk1 Ignition ("TZ250") should be on the order of US$500, will allow plug-and-play installation with the stock harness, plus about $300 for the additional components and wiring (TPS, shift light & shift switch, knock sensors etc). The price adder for the Mk2 Ignition ("YZR250") would likely be in the $3-400 range, plus an additional $100 for wiring and controls (switches, selectors, etc). This would not include GPS or external sensors like brake pressure & suspension travel. Note that a Mk1 could not be upgraded to a Mk2; the internal differences would simply be too great.

The 4DP, 4TW and 5KE bikes are functionally identical as far as the ignition is concerned, so 'one size fits all'. The 125s will have PV and non-PV versions; these will be slightly cheaper than the 250 model, but not extensively so.
    Last edited by DonTZ125; 08-29-2016 at 02:27 AM.
    TTR Ignition Systems
    Quick Shifters - Inline Shift Sensors - Rev Limiters & Launch Controllers
    [ Coming Soon - Replacement Harnesses ][ Vapourware - Programmable Ignition ]
    Former (waayyyy former) RACE #125

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234