Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ...here I go again...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Unless you could do that AND have PWM on the solenoids for under $330USD your pushing shit uphill. The bluetooth/smartphone idea is good. You don't need 12 maps

The price will almost certainly be over US$330; my disdvantage vs my competition is that I have to buy my components from the wrong side of what was the Iron Curtain ... I do hope that the value-added advantages of mating connectors (no clipping and splicing), Bluetooth, on-board data-logging, and tuning software that can do torque / hp analysis (on-track 'dyno tuning') will make it attractive, despite the somewhat higher price I will have to charge.

There aren't 12 maps; there are 2 maps with 12x12 cells, plus adjustment, plus offset.
    TTR Ignition Systems
    Quick Shifters - Inline Shift Sensors - Rev Limiters & Launch Controllers
    [ Coming Soon - Replacement Harnesses ][ Vapourware - Programmable Ignition ]
    Former (waayyyy former) RACE #125

...laterally accelerating to a track near you...
    This all sounds really good. Are you going to give them to some US riders to test/put in base maps etc before you sell them?

Yes, and/or Canadian riders, since I'm up here. I will be doing basic bench testing on the alpha prototype, then a reality check for timing offset etc with a local fellow who has a 4JT. There is a local dyno shop with a lot of 125/250 experience, and I hope to have a volunteer by then for some bottom/mid-range map work, then field testing at the track. The primary spark map will be based on the "5KE WGP" chart found in the '01 kit manual.

More features as I think of them - selector compatible with YEC 0-7 "serector", including input wire on top-right pin of 6-way connector; QS input both at B/W wire and Br/W wire (pin above B/W in 13-way connector); these items needed for compatibility with kit & 5KE4 harnesses.
    Last edited by DonTZ125; 07-28-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    TTR Ignition Systems
    Quick Shifters - Inline Shift Sensors - Rev Limiters & Launch Controllers
    [ Coming Soon - Replacement Harnesses ][ Vapourware - Programmable Ignition ]
    Former (waayyyy former) RACE #125

...here I go again...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Quote Originally Posted by DonTZ125 View Post
    The price will almost certainly be over US$330; my disdvantage vs my competition is that I have to buy my components from the wrong side of what was the Iron Curtain ... I do hope that the value-added advantages of mating connectors (no clipping and splicing), Bluetooth, on-board data-logging, and tuning software that can do torque / hp analysis (on-track 'dyno tuning') will make it attractive, despite the somewhat higher price I will have to charge.

There aren't 12 maps; there are 2 maps with 12x12 cells, plus adjustment, plus offset.
    Why is where you get a chip from a disadvantage....not as if a chip is difficult or expensive to ship.
    The loom isn't a real issue most OEM loom connectors are available from Cycle terminal or Eastern Beaver, OEM ignitions rarely go back on
    The extra features might be useful but remember why your doing this if the ignition makes no more power than the standard ignition with the same curve programmed then it's not worth any amount. Spark timing accuracy is everything. Not sure if your triggering off the front or the rear of the lobe?
    The 7 position switch is fairly useless as the only curve to use is the one with most power even in the wet.
    I don't understand the "12 x 12 cells bit"
    No test spark function?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ignition.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast