I was doing some reading a little while back (on a different topic) when I found myself reminded of these, and did a little more research. I have to say, for as clever as Honda can be with some things, this is just silly - how hard would it be to run a selector switch? So - I decided to come up with such a thing; looked at potential switch models, identified the connector in question, and determined the wiring.

Now for the "Market Research"phase - how often do you folks actually change your couplers? Do you run back-to-back practice laps with one or the other, to determine which is the correct setting today? Or have you lost your spares because you NEVER change them?

Looking at the instructions in the '00 250 manual, I have to assume there is SOME benefit to using 'mode 3' on a slow, tight track. Would anyone be interested in a gadget that would allow you to select mode 3 in the tight and twisties, then flip to mode 1 on the back straight, for a WFO pull through the gears?

(What I found a little bizarre is that for the 125s, mode 3 is for fast operation, mode 1 for slow ... :? )