...New Member...

Cool Honda RS250 NX5 Crankshaft and parts

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

First I wish to apologize if this is in the wrong section, we run two Honda NX5 Superkarts in Brisbane Australia. The supporting business is an engine machine shop including crankshaft manufacturing and machining capabilities.

As we all know the cranks and the associated parts are now no longer available bar what is on shelves accross the globe. I have access to plenty of well used cranks but no spares so I have taken it upon myself to source out the OEM manufacturers of bearings and seals.

- I now have 100 big end bearings that are NOT OEM but measure accurately and fit perfectly including the high speed cage rated to 18,000 rpm. However I have sourced the OEM for the original bearings right down to the fine suffixes of the bearing part number but this order requires significant outlay.

- I now have all OEM crank bearings with the exception of the centre bearing which may I say is a work of art and requires the centre journal to be ground to match the bearing as there is no inner race. If this requires replacing then your crank is truly U/S.

- I have now got an order pending for the OEM to manufacture all of the seals including the centre seal.

Well whats stopping me I hear you ask.... the volume of orders and will I ultimately move this stock or am I a decade too late to do so?

Please let me know your thoughts, keen to keep these things alive.

Cheers Ray.

...they call me the rocket man...
    I think it depends on how much it would cost for a replacement crankshaft you could build. There is a demand, as there is so many of theses bikes around, and this is one of the missing pieces that are needed.

What type of price do you think you could manufacture one for?

They are needed.
    \"We are in Grand Prix Racing, so why would we use a street engine? This is like a jockey riding a donkey in a horse race....\"

KTM GP technical boss Harald Bartol

...New Member...
    HI sbrokerboy, I didn't quite know where to start this thread so I re-posted it here as you prob already know, I'll answer the question there for all to see in one place... http://www.tz250.com/forums/showthre...ings-and-seals

...On the Grid...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Copied from NATS

Hello,
    there is a solution for the crankshaft at http://rgracing.fr

Pre-Orders are Open for the NX5 / NXA crankshaft
    The first batch is right now in production for delivery in March 2018

Feel free to ask any questions, I’ll glad to help you.

Romain
    edtone27