Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ...they call me the rocket man...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

I think if you have a complete set up that has been tested and works well, you are more than fair on your price. I think once you figure out how to replace the center bearing, and you can rebuild a crankshaft with completely new parts, I would believe you would sell quite a few, as there are so many of these bikes floating around and since we all love them we will keep running them.

Finish one out and put the pictures up so we can all see!!!!
    \"We are in Grand Prix Racing, so why would we use a street engine? This is like a jockey riding a donkey in a horse race....\"

KTM GP technical boss Harald Bartol

...New Member...
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrokerboy View Post
    I think if you have a complete set up that has been tested and works well, you are more than fair on your price. I think once you figure out how to replace the center bearing, and you can rebuild a crankshaft with completely new parts, I would believe you would sell quite a few, as there are so many of these bikes floating around and since we all love them we will keep running them.

Finish one out and put the pictures up so we can all see!!!!
    Thanks for the feedback, the centre bearing will be the issue going forward but with patience we might just get there. The issue will be that any journal damages will make the cranks un-serviceable in the short-medium term. So please don't junk them guys, hopefully we can come up with a workable solution.

Getting my engine together over the next two weeks and then looking to get to the track and test it all out, I'm confident the OEM parts will be fine, then we'll pull it all down again, re-assemble again, get out there and put some miles on it. Fortunately we have plenty of track opportunities coming up in the coming months.

Ray

...they call me the rocket man...

Or sell the parts?

Something you might also consider, is selling the parts as a package to those of us over seas and we can have them rebuilt locally. If you did that you might be able to sell a lot more at a different price point. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by raayza View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, the centre bearing will be the issue going forward but with patience we might just get there. The issue will be that any journal damages will make the cranks un-serviceable in the short-medium term. So please don't junk them guys, hopefully we can come up with a workable solution.

Getting my engine together over the next two weeks and then looking to get to the track and test it all out, I'm confident the OEM parts will be fine, then we'll pull it all down again, re-assemble again, get out there and put some miles on it. Fortunately we have plenty of track opportunities coming up in the coming months.

Ray
    \"We are in Grand Prix Racing, so why would we use a street engine? This is like a jockey riding a donkey in a horse race....\"

KTM GP technical boss Harald Bartol

...New Member...
    Thanks sbrokerboy, that's exactly what I anticipate to do. In a perfect world I would like to build a supply to other shops that can do the assembly correctly so cranks don't get destroyed by poor workmanship but I know I have no way of controlling that.

I have just placed the order today for the crank seals from the OEM, in fact I have ordered all seals. I have only just come up for air as work has side tracked the superkart being put together but I am back on track to start the engine assemble this weekend.

So looking good for the future: -
    - Gaskets, now in stock
    - Seals, on order
    - Crank end bearings, now in stock
    - Con rod bearings, big and small ends now in stock

Ray

...New Member...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Well after following up on the said placed oil seal order a few weeks ago I have finally had a response, for a moment there I thought that I had hit the dreaded Honda licencing wall. The OEM manufacturer has given me the date of 15th September. It seems things move very slowly in Japan.

My test mule is getting there slowly, don't you just hate it when work interrupts all things passionate.

Ray
    Last edited by raayza; 06-01-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast