... feel the power...

2000 Honda NX5 / TSR

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

I'm looking for guidance here , I'm currently restoring a NX5 TSR which came from Team RSY Japan . When I was dismantling the bike I noticed it didn't have a Condenser fitted , I assumed it had been removed at some time , upon closer inspection of the wiring harness there is no provision on the harness to connect a Condenser .
    Electrics aren't my strong point so all you guys that understand the working of a ignition system could you explain the possible reason why it's not fitted with a Condenser?
    I did not try to start the bike before it was dismantled, as it had been stood for many years .

John.

... feel the power...
    Apparently because the bike was fitted with a batttery , probably because it was fitted with a Quick Shifter and Det Counter . The Quick Shifter has been removed , so I will reconnect a Condenser as the bike will be used in the IOM and don't want to run a battery .

...they call me the rocket man...

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

The kit ignitions do not run a condenser, as they run a total loss ignition, I think there was an incremental gain of about 1hp by running a battery over the condenser. I have taken a stock ignition and converted it over to a battery and it is pretty easy. Now with battery technology, you can buy really small batteries that work well.

Good luck with the project send us pics!
    \"We are in Grand Prix Racing, so why would we use a street engine? This is like a jockey riding a donkey in a horse race....\"

KTM GP technical boss Harald Bartol