...a racing we will go... RossoOz's Avatar

Intermediates recomendations?

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Howdy, looking for some advice on what tires to use as intermediates for my 250 4DP.

Not wanting full wet's but something more suited to a wet track conditions which is drying and has no standing water.

Do have a set of full wets but the rear seems to be not holding air properly. I would rather go for a set of intermediates as replacements as in my experience here the weather seems to be more passing showers rather than full on solid rain for hours.

Cheers for any advice

...i smell a trophy...
    Thought about trying a 'top-of-the-line' set of road tyres as intermediates?
    Steve

...laterally accelerating to a track near you...
    Nobody really makes race inters anymore in a 160 rear. I have used Pirelli supercorsas and more lately metzeler racetecs where its a bit cold or damp for slicks and too dry for wets. Pirelli still make a 120/70 inter front and some people I know just use this with a supercorsa rear. The other alternative is a heavily cut set of slicks.

...a racing we will go... RossoOz's Avatar

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

Thanks for the advice and feedback fellas, ended up getting a set of Pirelli supercorsas from another racer on the weekend for a great price, 250 bucks for a brand new rear and a one day old front.
    Here in Oz a set of supercorsas is around the 600 dollars.