PDA

View Full Version : WTB: RS250 clutch

skypatcorbin
06-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi this is Raph,

I was wondering if anybody has or knows where i can get a clutch (friction and pressure plates) *usd or new* for my rs250 asap, cause i am at a track day in grand rapids MI, if you know of any let me know, my cell is *******, i wont be at a computer later so just call my cell.

2stsmoke
06-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Don't you belive in"buying spares"?

Mike
06-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey, he's new, cut the guy some slack... but I'd agree, buy spares so youll be prepared next time if your clutch says goodnite on you!

Anybody able to help him out in the meantime?

skypatcorbin
06-04-2007, 08:24 AM
thanks mike, yeah i am really new to this bike. so i need to get lot of spare part i suppose. its an older bike so its hard to tell what is good, what needs to be replaced and what is on the verge of going out. well another lesson learned!

parillaguy
06-04-2007, 10:52 AM
My experience is that the plain steel plates seen to take most of the abuse from overheating and these are the ones that need to be replaced more often. Seems the same for both my old TZ250 and now the RS250. Also do new clutch springs when you do plates (even if the old springs are still in spec) as it makes the clutch work nicer. http://www.tz250racing.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

parillaguy