PDA

View Full Version : RS125 Piston/Ring/base Gasket

maadmike
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm after a standard size RS125 Flat Top piston, and ring to suit. Also 2x .5mm Base Gaskets.

if anybody can help with these it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Mike W.

chuckactor
04-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Do you mean a kit piston? The standard RS125 pistons are domed. Only the kit pistons are flat. Kit pistons have a flat top, thinner ring and the piston ring pin (gap) is straight in the back. The stock piston has a domed top, slightly thicker ring and the gap of the piston ring rides btween the back boost port and the left rear transfer port. I think the HRC number for the piston is HRC-NX4-0201. The stock piston is: 13100-NX4-780. Need a kit cylinder to go with your kit piston? Got 3.

Chuck

maadmike
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
A friend told me that he needed a flat top piston and hasn't given me any details. I will ask him some more details and find out. I can't remember but i believe he wanted them because of the way the squish was setup...maybee i misheard.

Like i said i will find out from him. Thankyou for you input http://www.tz250racing.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Mike

maadmike
04-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Ok i just had a chat to him - He has the JHA kit cylinder/head, so we need the JHA Kit piston/ring, and 2x .5mm base gaskets to suit.

If anyone can help us out it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Its a 2003 model also.